users@glassfish.java.net

Questions about custom ServerAuthModule on httpServlet layer (JSR196)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 14:06:25 PDT

Hi,

Regarding JSR196 I built a custom ServerAuthModule like in the following Enterprise Tech Tip :
http://blogs.sun.com/enterprisetechtips/entry/adding_authentication_mechanisms_to_the

So, my custom SAM is packaged in a JAR copied in the GF lib/ directory and bound to my WAR app in sun-web.xml.

Now I have two questions :

1) What if I want to register the same SAM in an EJB module or an EAR app to protect WebServices deployed as EJBs ?

2) What if now I want to avoid putting the SAM in the GF installation directory but inside my EAR and register it programmaticaly ? From what I've read I'll have to use AuthConfigProvider and AuthConfigFactory, but I don't know how.

Thanks in advance

Paul
[Message sent by forum member 'eskatos' (eskatos)]