users@glassfish.java.net

Re: SJSAS Messaging vs Glassfish Messaging differences

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 13:44:28 PDT

Asherwin
All feature and use restrictions have been removed from the Message Queue side of the product. Older versions of App. Server and Message Queue did have some limitations, in some editions, but this was all removed when we put the product(s) into Open Source, and in the subsequent commercial releases. At this time, Open MQ and Java MQ have equivalent functionality. Java MQ is supported by update patches while all bug fixes to Open MQ are delivered in the latest development branch (v. 4.2).

It's plausible there's some other reason for the consumer limit. I'm not an App. Server expert so forgive me, if I ask a painfully obvious question: could you check maxNumActiveConsumers and make sure it's set appropriately? I presume you've reviewed the setup and config. documentation [i]Using JMS in Java System App. Server[/i] --
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3672/beaob?a=view. If not a quick read there might offer some clues. Beyond that, I'd have to defer to App. Server experts for any further advice.

While there could be a bug, all the limitations are supposed to be removed.

-- Ed Bratt
[Message sent by forum member 'ebratt' (ebratt)]