users@glassfish.java.net

Application stop responding to requests

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 15:46:26 PDT

I have a war file deployed on Sun Java System Application Server 9.1 (build b58g-fcs)
. This application serves out large amounts of data (around 6MB max per request) to clients via a servlet. I am finding that after a period of time the machine simply stops responding to requests. I know the application is still running because I have background threads that continue to make log entries. It's exactly as though the server is not being hit. I have used jmap to confirm that there is sufficient memory left on the heap. Can anyone recommend ways to diagnose such a problem?

On a related note, is there a way to turn on request logging in Glassfish that gives similar data to IIS logs in Windows? I need to know that a) requests are reaching the server, and b) the IP addresses of clients that are making requests.

Thanks

Kevin
[Message sent by forum member 'kevinmacdonald' (kevinmacdonald)]