users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Times to deploying WAR-files

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 10:32:14 PST

I'm experiencing the same problem, but not in a cluster environment.

1. There is a way to deploy without unpacking; see https://glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/quickstart/index.html#ProcedureTo_Deploy_From_a_Development
Apparently, though, this does not work in a cluster environment (according to the recent post from hzhang_jn).

2. For me, at least, this does not help. My war (16 Mb) takes about 1.5 minutes to deploy from a .war file and over 3 minutes to deploy from a directory (that's right -- directory deployment takes *longer*).

Good luck. Hope you find some solution; for my part, I'm going to use Tomcat for development and deploy to GlassFish only when I've finished changing things.
[Message sent by forum member 'rpollack' (rpollack)]