users@glassfish.java.net

Times to deploying WAR-files

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 01:29:39 PST

I'm puzzled over how long time it takes to deploy larger applications and wonder if there's any suggestions on how to improve this.

I have a WAR-file which is 180MB that I deploy to an instance in a cluster setup with both DAS and instance on my local machine. It takes 7.5 minutes which feels like an extremely long time. I tried the "--upload=false" option to try to optimize this but it had neglible impact. It seems that most of the time is spent in glassfish unpacking the WAR-file in it's internal repository in "applications/j2ee-modules/<WAR-file>".

Is there someway to prevent Glassfish from unpacking the WAR-file, like it's possible to do in JBoss and Tomcat? I think this could improve the deployment times quite significantly.
[Message sent by forum member 'jesper_soderlund' (jesper_soderlund)]