users@glassfish.java.net

Re: how to setup loadbalancing on glassfish?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 23:52:19 PDT

Hi Alexamdre,

I replied in mail thread. Let me put it here as well.

The load-balancer plugin provided for glassfish application server, works with Sun Java System Web Server 7.0/6.1, Apache 2.0.* and IIS5.0/6.0. The plugin provided is not obsolete. The .so you are pointing out are required due to dependency of software stack.

The latest version of tested load-balancer plugin jars available is :
http://download.java.net/javaee5/external/<PLATFORM>/aslb/jars/aslb-9.1-MS4-b7.jar
PLATFORM: SunOS, Linux, SunOS_X86 and WINNT

I will go with Sun Java System Web Server 7.0. This is latest version and supported by load-balancer plugin. It is available free of cost. Please look at features and benefits of it @ http://www.sun.com/software/products/web_srvr/features.xml.

You can have deployment topology of
HARDWARE Load-balancer/LVS->Sun Java System Web Server 7.0(SSL)->Glassfish

A cluster topology is a must for high-availability. I hope you are not looking for a solution where user is logged out if an instance goes down.

Hope this helps,
Kshitiz
[Message sent by forum member 'kshitiz_saxena' (kshitiz_saxena)]