users@glassfish.java.net

Re: how to setup loadbalancing on glassfish?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:25:20 PDT

I got installed Java System Web Server. The problem was Glassfish plugin package. Solution is just to pick up right one and roll it out. But another problem is HTTP live connection(streaming). Then I connect browser to glassfish through JSWS It seems doesn´t work as expected. There is a delay in delivery of data. Where it comes from? From JSWS buffering? How to disable it? For a regular jsp/html page there is no delay.

Frankly I think that linux virtual server is a good idea. thank you. I ll try it out too. But it looks like a next level in load balancing. I need to go though SSL. Thus It might be a Web Server as a load balancer somewhere.

I´d love to try httpd with mod_proxy. Mod_jk does work for me. It does not allow to use comet api.
What about mod_proxy does it work for streaming too? Does it use non blocking IO? I definitely care about thread usage here. I don´t want to take one thread per live connection that will be alive a long time (2-3 hours).

thank you,
alexandre efremov
[Message sent by forum member 'aefremov' (aefremov)]