users@glassfish.java.net

ClassNotFoundExeption: com.sun.ws.rest.impl.container.servlet.ServletAdaptor

From: Johnny Tolliver <jxt_at_ornl.gov>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 17:00:48 -0400 (EDT)

This message is related to one I sent earlier today with subject line: HELP
- ResourceConfig does not contain any root resource classes

I've made no progress on that problem, but I've tried recreating the entire
project from scratch, and I now get a related, I think, error. I still get
the same load error for my web app, but the root source appears to be
different. Now it's a ClassNotFoundException on
com.sun.ws.rest.impl.container.servlet.ServletAdaptor. Here's an excerpt of
the log file:

WEB0712: Starting Sun-Java-System/Application-Server HTTP/1.1 on 8080
WEB0712: Starting Sun-Java-System/Application-Server HTTP/1.1 on 8181
WEB0712: Starting Sun-Java-System/Application-Server HTTP/1.1 on 4848
PWC1412: WebModule[/SpediaAuthService] ServletContext.log():PWC1409: Marking servlet ServletAdaptor as unavailable
WebModule[/SpediaAuthService]Error loading WebappClassLoader
  delegate: true
  repositories:
    /WEB-INF/classes/
----------> Parent Classloader:
EJBClassLoader :
urlSet = []
doneCalled = false
 Parent -> java.net.URLClassLoader_at_c5764e
 com.sun.ws.rest.impl.container.servlet.ServletAdaptor
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.ws.rest.impl.container.servlet.ServletAdaptor

Any ideas? Please? This is getting to be a major problem for me as I'm on a
short schedule to get this app working. I was about to reinstall GlassFish,
but then I thought of trying another GlassFish web-app. Interestingly, it
runs normally.

Thanks,
Johnny S. Tolliver
Oak Ridge National Laboratory