users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How does the GF v2ur1 DAS bind to a Node Agent?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 18:05:27 PST

Hi Kedar,

Thanks for your reply. I apologize for not posting sooner but other priorities arose. My comments are below.

>> Are there security handshake
>> procedures between the DAS and the NA to guarantee
>> identity to each other that may interfere with the
>> process?
> Yes.
>
> What are you worried about? Do you think something
> does not behave correctly when this happen? Or you
> want to ask it before you actually move the DAS?
>
> Maybe I am not seeing your concerns.

In my original post

http://forums.java.net/jive/message.jspa?messageID=264895

I mentioned that I actually replicated the DAS to another machine and used DNS magic to point the configured DAS name on the network to the new node. However when I shut down the old DAS and started the new DAS, it does NOT see any of the node agents running. When I shut down the new DAS and restart the old one, it DOES see all the running node agents. It seems like glassfish on the new DAS box is not correctly managing the node agents.

You mentioned above that there are security handshakes between the DAS and the node agents. Since we are replicating the old DAS to the new one, perhaps there is a mismatch between certificate names and real host names or something similar that is preventing the new DAS from operating correctly. Comments?

Best regards,

-J
[Message sent by forum member 'jmetcalf' (jmetcalf)]