users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How does the GF v2ur1 DAS bind to a Node Agent?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:07:12 PST

Hit Save on previous reply rather prematurely.

> In a few short sentences and at a high level,
> assuming that one has successfully bound a DAS and NA
> through the standard clustering procedures, what are
> the steps an NA uses to bind to its DAS? Is it
> sufficient to provide the address in the
> agent.das.host property in the
> $NA_CFG_DIR/das.properties file and simply start the
> node agent? If the box where the DAS is located
> needs to be changed, are there specific steps that
> need to be performed to coax the new DAS and an
> existing NA to rebind?

Yes, that is expected. If the DAS is relocated to another machine, it is
expected to broadcast its new location to all the running node-agents.
> Are there security handshake
> procedures between the DAS and the NA to guarantee
> identity to each other that may interfere with the
> process?
Yes.

What are you worried about? Do you think something does not behave correctly when this happen? Or you want to ask it before you actually move the DAS?

Maybe I am not seeing your concerns.

Regards,
Kedar

> If there is a specific online document or FAQ that
> answers these questions, please let me know. I admit
> that I may be guilty of not having performed an
> adequate search for answers before posting my
> threads.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -J
>
> Message was edited by: jmetcalf
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]