users@glassfish.java.net

How does the GF v2ur1 DAS bind to a Node Agent?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:36:19 PST

Hi All,

This question is intended to start a focussed discussion around the relationship between Domain Admin Servers (DAS) and running Node Agents (NA). I decided to phrase the thread subject this way since my previous question from last week has remained with no replies: http://forums.java.net/jive/message.jspa?messageID=264895#264895.

In a few short sentences and at a high level, assuming that one has successfully bound a DAS and NA through the standard clustering procedures, what are the steps an NA uses to bind to its DAS? Is it sufficient to provide the address in the agent.das.host property in the $NA_CFG_DIR/das.properties file and simply start the node agent? If the box where the DAS is located needs to be changed, are there specific steps that need to be performed to coax the new DAS and an existing NA to rebind? Are there security handshake procedures between the DAS and the NA to guarantee identity to each other that may interfere with the process?

If there is a specific online document or FAQ that answers these questions, please let me know. I admit that I may be guilty of not having performed and adequate search for answers before posting my threads.

Cheers,

-J
[Message sent by forum member 'jmetcalf' (jmetcalf)]