users@glassfish.java.net

Sb know a way of execution external program on GF?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:03:29 PDT

Hi there
Sorry for silly question
But i was wondering whether Glassfish AS has a convenient way to execute external program?
Simply i really need to execute unix bash script in my EJB module running on glassfish, but everyone says that Runtime.exec() inside server is [b]bad[/b], cause in documentation we can read:

[i]An enterprise bean must not use thread synchronization primitives to synchronize execution of multiple instances.
The enterprise bean must not attempt to manage threads. The enterprise bean must not attempt to start, stop, suspend, or resume a thread, or to change a thread s priority or name. The enterprise bean must not attempt to manage thread groups.[/i]
[Message sent by forum member 'gregory_d3' (gregory_d3)]