users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Mismatched serialization UIDs

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 00:51:47 PST

Hi, has anyone found a solution for this? My observation from my code is that it happens with some entities and doesn't happen with others (all entities are in the same jar, which is in the same ear as my session bean's ejb moduile and the test client jar). I'm using a PU based on Toplink (important detail for bottom of email).

I've ensured my server is clean, redeployed the ear, and still, the same error occurs. I do not manually specify serial UID for my entities. Seems to be acceptable for some, but not for others. I also noticed that one important difference between the "ok" entities and the "failed" ones is a one-to-many/many-to-one relationship (lazy fetch btw).

If I specify a serialVersionUID for my problematic entity, the issue seems to disappear, but later when I try to access the entity via reflection or bean utils, I start getting weird NPEs from the runtime-generated toplink methods. For example:

        at entity.Site._toplink_getenterprise(Site.java) // this is toplink
s generated method
        at entity.Site.getEnterprise(Site.java:51) // this is my method

So clearly, there are 2 weird symptoms:
1. serial UID is necessary for some entities but for not others
2. providing a manual serial UID seems to conflict with runtime-generated entity code.

any ideas? thanks...
[Message sent by forum member 'sagimann' (sagimann)]