users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMS Standalone Client

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 00:00:07 PST

>But that shouldn't be a reason to not use it, as your idea that you should select your technologies solely on the size of their jarfiles is idiotic.

Please mind your words. Professional software engineers know that user requirements are never idiotic.

For me an expected file size can be a very real requirement. For example in applet situations. Downloading 40 MB for a simple Swing application can be unacceptable.

It is a different story when you install a server. Perhaps then a few megabytes do not count. Did you forget why flash is so sucesful compared to Java applets? Been there done that.
[Message sent by forum member 'jooper' (jooper)]