users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Injection into WebStart Client not working?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 09:43:45 PST

Hi Markus,

Both Local and Remote business interfaces are required in EJB 3.0. We'll be making Local business interfaces optional for EJB 3.1. In that case the client contract is actually based on the public method contract of bean class type. It's unlikely we'll extend the optionality to the Remote case since that would mean adding a compile time and run time dependency on the bean implementation. You can read more about Optional Local Business interfaces here :

http://blogs.sun.com/kensaks/entry/optional_local_business_interfaces

 --ken
[Message sent by forum member 'ksak' (ksak)]