users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Injection into WebStart Client not working?

From: Markus KARG <markus.karg_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 16:15:06 +0100

Tim,

thanks a lot for your kind help. In fact, it works pretty well using
your tips. :-)

But I do have another question and I would be very glad if your could
answer that too:

AFAIK since EJB 3.0 remote interfaces are optional. Is there a standard
compliant way to tell GlassFish that the remote interface shall just be
the class itself (without defining an extra interface)? I tried adding
@Remote directly to the stateless session bean itself, but that did not
work at runtime. Does that mean, when using a client application I
always have to explicitely define the remote interface and there is no
way to annotate that GlassFish shall internally create the remote
interface for me?

Thanks a lot for your kind help!
Markus