users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Injection into WebStart Client not working?

From: Markus KARG <markus.karg_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 08:30:24 +0100

Ken,

> Both Local and Remote business interfaces are required in EJB 3.0.
Can you please point me to the chapter of the EJB 3.0 spec where it is
told that both interfaces are mandatory? I just did not find it, but
maybe I am blind. Thanks. :-)

Also, I did not define the local interface in my sample but it still
works very well on GlassFish, and the verifier did not even tell me that
the remote one was missing. So is the verifier buggy?
> We'll be making Local business interfaces optional for EJB 3.1. In that case the client contract is actually based on the public method contract of bean class type. It's unlikely we'll extend the optionality to the Remote case since that would mean adding a compile time and run time dependency on the bean implementation. You can read more about Optional Local Business interfaces here :
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/kensaks/entry/optional_local_business_interfaces

Sounds great, I really would appreciate that.

Markus