users@glassfish.java.net

Re: SJSAS 9.1 HA Clustering

From: John Clingan <John.Clingan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 21:56:14 -0800

On Mar 3, 2008, at 6:01 PM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

> Hi Jhon,
>
> Thanks a lot for your clarification. I am runing through the doc
> for in-state session failover.
>
> Btw, would like to clarify the following too.
>
> with regards to my first query, When it comes for shutdown and
> restart of instances, how does it differe from DEV-domain and UAT-
> domain, i.e if is use
>
>> "asadmin stop-instance test1" which istance will go down.
>
> when it comes to 2nd query, as you said, can I configure for in-
> state session failover clustering without HADB? i.e. Do I need to
> setup HADB for session state failover?

It depends on which instance you point the asadmin command at first.
If you have two domains, each domain listens to a different port. Use
the "--port" option to asadmin to point to the correct instance:

Usage: start-instance [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--
interactive=true] [--host localhost] [--port 4848|4849] [--secure|-
s=true] [--user admin_user] [--passwordfile file_name] instance_name

Note that 4848 and 4849 are the defaults for the default domain
(domain1). You can set them to be any port you want when you run
"asadmin create-domain".