users@glassfish.java.net

SJSAS 9.1 HA Clustering

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 01:50:08 PST

Hi All,

I am not sure, am I posting it in the right place.

Currently I am setting up a new Sun Java System Application Server 9.1 on Solaris environment. It supposed to be a High Availability clustering with a Shared disk environment. I have also to setup an standalone application server which supposed to be hosting Developemnt and UAT applications. Now I have the following query

1. In a standalone server, I need to setup application instances for UAT and Developments. Is it possible to setup two instances with same name on different domain? If so how should I manage the instances for eg: shutdown, startup, deployment,etc...

i.e my question is I want to create say "test1" instance in "DEV-domain" and "UAT-domain". Is this possible? Will there be any conflicts.

2. With regards to HA clustering, its going to be a two node with a common shared storage cluster. In this, where should I install DAS, HA pointbase database, Load balancer into any one of the node? or on both nodes or on the shared disk. Because incase if I install on any one of the node it may not be available when that particular node failover. I am not sure installing on two nodes would be an overhead to the system. How about installing on the shared disk?

Would like to seek all your expert advise.

With rgds,
[Message sent by forum member 'mahen72' (mahen72)]