users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Scheduled task

From: Dru Devore <ddevore_at_duckhouse.us>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 10:07:18 -0700
Here is a summary of what I have seen so far.

1. Use Timer API, suggested using JMS though I like using a stateless session since it doesn't need to accept any messages, it only does work and dies.
Need to start it upon startup of the server and can only have one running at a time.
For this solution I need to add a web component to start it and I don't want to require a web component.

2. Use Quartz though it seems to be larger than we need.

Best solutions I am considering right now.

1. Using the Timer API with a web component and make a completely new project for it to separate it from my other project.

2. Add the extra for quartz and change the scheduling of the project to make better use of Quartz.

I think that is about it so please let me know what you think of the two solutions.

Thanks

---
Dru Devore