users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMS Standalone Client

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 06:21:04 PST

My application that is client is basically bundled in jar files. it does not refer to any exterior jar files as it consists of all the required class files. Now if I unjared above jars in my jar then obviously size increases. Above jar files are around 20MB which is making my jar file heavy and hence it is no more portable. Also I was accessing webservices from my stand alone client by creating web service client in it. Now for this to run I require webservices-rt.jar This jar file is around 10MB. So instead of using this I switched to Apache Axis 1.4 which is around 3 MB which makes it lightweight. So on similar basis I was wondering If i can access JMS resources directly.

If we dont have any solution then I guess only way i have to communicate to the server is through web services.

Regards,
Kuldeep
[Message sent by forum member 'cool9889' (cool9889)]