users@glassfish.java.net

30 second delay on website

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:39:43 PST

For some reason I am getting a delay on a website, and I think it has something to do with a timeout setting somewhere in Glassfish.

If I visit the site, it will take exactly 30 seconds to display the fully loaded page. If I keep clicking links, it will instantly return completed pages. If, however, I wait longer than 30 seconds and then try to click another link, it will stall for 30 seconds before serving the page.

So basically, I can click links all days and get there instantly, as long as I don't wait more than 30 seconds before clicking the next link.

What is causing the 30 second delay in serving pages, and why does it seem to revolve around waiting for 30 seconds?

Is this just the JSP compile time, and if so, why does it need to recompile after 30 seconds of inactivity?
[Message sent by forum member 'malakh' (malakh)]