users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Images sometimes fail to render

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:51:16 PST

Thanks for responding - sorry I was not more clear. Here'e the detailed scoop:

1. On the Visual Web page, I drop an <image> component.
2. I am loading images dynamically via setImage() and / or setUrl() of the image object.
3. Sometimes it displays correctly, sometimes it does not.

I've tried moving the code among various init(), preprocess(), and prerender() methods (and even ALL of them!) to no avail - the result is always the same. IOW, the order of method calls in the JSF life cycle does not seem to matter.

I read on one post where it might be an SSL issue because the rendering thread does not complete in time for the post to return, which I find odd, but I can't figure out what is going on short of some kind of wierd resource issue or a bug.
[Message sent by forum member 'sroberts2005' (sroberts2005)]