users@glassfish.java.net

Re: OpenFileDescriptor leak in GFv2UR1?

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 20:45:47 -0500

Hi Witold

Witold Szczerba wrote:
> Hi there,
> have a look at the picture I've attached. It is showing GFv2UR1 in our
> customer's production environment running our application (EJB3
> local+remote and Swing client).

No http in the path? Just RMI/IIOP for reaching EJB, right? That will
clear the http path :-)

> The chart starts on Thursday morning and goes up, then just after 5pm,
> when remote clients disconnects (people go home) it goes down a little
> bit, during night it is stable, then it grows again during Friday up
> until somewhere 5pm. Then weekend begins and line is almost completely
> horizontal until Monday morning... as you can see during this week
> everything looks pretty much the same.
>
> I am not sure, but it looks like some kind of leak.

Agree.

  I was reporting
> similar behavior about year ago against GFv2 beta

Have you filed an issue? Which #

, but I wanted to
> confirm it is still happening in final build. It is much better than
> in beta, but still it does not look good.
>
> The problem is I cannot reproduce this issue in testing environment.
> There are about 150 users using our application deployed on that
> production server.
> Maybe someone from Glassfish team have some idea what it could be?

It is hard to debug here as we cannot see which part is leaking. I would
try to do a netstat -an and post the result here...should be clear with
that information where the leak is coming from.

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois