users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Private JVM

From: Raju Uppalapati <ruppalapati_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 08:54:30 -0800

Just to prevent a user from reaching or effecting another user's domain,
there is no need for a private JVM.
You will need private JVM only if different users require different major
versions of the JDK. If some require JDK 1.5 and other require 1.6

To achieve what you reported as a requirement the following can be done:
Install the JDK and Glassfish on a readonly directory for all users except
the sys admin.
Create the domain for each user and change the domain directory onwnership
for that user.
In the above situation eventhough they share the same install of JDK and
Glassfish changes done by one user in their private domain will not affect
the other users.
The runtime for each domain is private to the user who owns the domain and
that will not affect the other user domains.

_raju