users@glassfish.java.net

Re: _at_EJB injection for an _at_WebService object only works from the Admin Cons

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:58:55 PST

Hi,

If you read my prior post, you'll find the answer.

A published webserivce is accessible via 2 distinct and different outwardly facing URLs (?!?!)

The web.xml file defines one URL where @EJB injection fails. The admin console refers to a completely different URL, where Injection works.

In other words:

web.xml == /ws/RoamGateway == WWW accessible == Injection Failure
admin console == /ws/RoamGatewayImplService == WWW accessible == Injection works

I never define the "/ws/RoamGatewayImplService", the admin console/ GF deployment just makes it up. I see this as a hazard. What is the point in defining a URL in web.xml if it is just a dud, and why have 2 outwardingly facing service for the same endpoint?

I would thing that the web.xml should work (with Injection support) and the service referenced by the admin console should not even exist.

David
[Message sent by forum member 'dlindsay_roamdata_com' (dlindsay_roamdata_com)]