users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to attach a MDB to a queue on an other server

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:58:03 PST

Hi,
I am evaluating the possibility of using Glassfish for a large project at work and believe that I am running into this same issue. We want to use EJB3 MDB's that will receive messages from an external ActiveMQ message broker. I first tried these instructions on Ramesh's blog: http://weblogs.java.net/blog/rampsarathy/archive/2007/03/glassfish_v2_an.html, but was not successful.

I then decided to back up and just try to get the remote messaging example from the JavaEE tutorial working which I have also been unsuccessful with. Thankfully I just found this thread which explains why I have been unable to get the tutorial example to work. Hopefully the same bug is also causing the Glassfish -> ActiveMQ troubles.

You mention an other way to attach an MDB to a foreign queue. Can you please elaborate? I would be very grateful for any help on this!

thanks and regards,
--mike
[Message sent by forum member 'mikehake' (mikehake)]