users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Why Does The Simple Java EE 5.0 MDB Example Not Work?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 19:18:17 PST

> I just tried this sample on Windows XP and glassfish
> v2 b58, and it simply worked. The easies way to run
> it is to use the targets in build.xml (ant build
> deploy run). The necessary configuration (creating
> and deleting jms resources) is already included in
> targets in build.xml. Nothing else is needed.
>
> Your problem may be caused by the earlier error that
> jmsra is not deployed properly. I'd suggest focus on
> this jmsra problem. You can also try a new glassfish
> installation to eliminate any installation problems.

I figured that my installation was broken. So I removed the 58 version and downloaded a nightly build.

> More info such as OS, detailed server.log, especially
> jmsra-related stacktrace will also help others to
> better understand your issue.

I could not figure what "jmsra" problem caused the error, so there is no stacktrace to help after I deleted original GF build. However I am using Windows XP Media Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2

With this version it is the appclient now that fails to run with the MDB

Now I think that this build from 20 November is too unstable, because nothing runs here. So I will delete the b10 version and go back to 58.

I do have lots of questions:

How does one debugging in the running EJB client with Eclipse?

Does the standard output of EJB by default go to the server.log? I ask because I dont see any logging go on?
[Message sent by forum member 'peter_pilgrim' (peter_pilgrim)]