users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish Clustering Http Replication not working on multiple machines.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 08:35:37 PDT

Thanks Kedar for the response.

I finally downloaded JGroups and used their simple test program to make sure multicast is working between these boxes.

http://www.jgroups.org/javagroupsnew/docs/manual/html/ch02.html

Using the sender and receiver what we observed was that only one message goes from sender to receiver and after that no message goes from sender to receiver. If I kill and restart these two test programs, no multicast message goes from sender to receiver. However if I wait for say like 10 minutes or more, start the sender and receiver, again exactly only and only one message goes from sender to receiver (the very first one) and no message exchange occurs.

The two boxes are as follows:
1. Solaris 10 , Generic_125100-10 Sparc (SUNW, Sun-Fire)
2. Solaris 10, Generic_125101-08, i86pc i386 (AMD based server)

Both running Glassfish v2 build 58g using JDK 1.6.0_01.

--
Sanjay
[Message sent by forum member 'sanjaydwivedi' (sanjaydwivedi)]