users@glassfish.java.net

_at_WebService portName won't compile

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 12:03:27 PDT

Hi all

Sorry to post a newbie question but this is taxing me - javax.jws.WebService has a portName member but when I add portName="..." to my @WebService annotation in my code it is claiming that it doesn't exist. Anyone any idea why this should be - is the documentation I'm finding for JAXWS 2.1 (I use 2.0) ?

For example:

@WebService(
    endpointInterface = "com.prologic.cms.services.CategoryWebService",
    serviceName = "CategoryService",
    targetNamespace = "http://services.cms.prologic.com/"
// ,portName = "CategoryService"
)

is fine but when I uncomment the portName line it barfs. There is nothing but java and javax packages imported and my classpath is fine for everything else I am doing in Glassfish.
[Message sent by forum member 'richliv' (richliv)]