users@glassfish.java.net

Re: getSingleResult behaves different in GlassFishV1 and V2?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:25:31 PDT

Hi,

my $0.02:
I understand you are upset because you need to update your application when upgrading to V2.
However, if the V1 implementation of getSingleResult simply returned the first instance, this is a bug in V1. The spec defines that method getSingleResult throws an exception if there is more than one result. This means in this particular case your application relies on this bug in the V1 implementation. So I think it is not a backward compatibility issue, if this bug is fixed and applications relying on the old behavior need to be adapted.

Regards Michael
[Message sent by forum member 'mb124283' (mb124283)]