users@glassfish.java.net

Re: getSingleResult behaves different in GlassFishV1 and V2?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:31:42 PDT

I agree with Michael. I write my app to the spec and it depends on the correct behavior of getSingleResult. Therefor my app would not run right on V1 and if they hadn't fixed the bug it would not run on V2 either.
If this were Microsoft they would ignore the spec and keep the bug in order to maintain backward compatibility. We've seen what that has done for Windows...
Sun is doing the right thing and apps should be written to spec.
[Message sent by forum member 'sarnoth' (sarnoth)]