users@glassfish.java.net

Re: High Availability Session Persistence does not work.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:52:06 PDT

It's hard to tell from your description but given that your ports are 38080 and 38081 I'm guessing you are setting up your cluster on a single host.

If so then there is an easy way to see if the problem is your load balancer setup.
Simply run the app from a browser connecting directly to each instance
e.g. http://<host>:38080/cluster.jsp
Do some requests that way - add attributes, etc.

Then do what we call "port-hopping on the same machine"
http://<host>:38081/cluster.jsp

If this works then high availability session persistence is working and you
can focus on your load balancer issues.
[Message sent by forum member 'lwhite' (lwhite)]