users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JBoss SAR replacement

From: Jörg Henne <j.henne_at_levigo.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:26:15 +0200

Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart wrote:

> As an addendum to keep in mind for the future, there is also the GFv3
> Service and Component mechanism. It will be a while before there is a
> GFv3-based release equivalent in functionality to SJS AS 9.1, but it
> may be useful for you to know the direction we are moving.
In fact, I found the v3 screencast quite impressive. The modularity
theme for v3 strikes a chord with everyone who has suffered from
ridiculously long startup times for app servers. Although I must say
that the ~10s for the stock GFv2 are already a nice breeze compared to
JBoss 4.

Ryan de Laplante wrote:
> I found this book very helpful when writing a JCA resource adapter.
> The spec is quite large and you'll need a book to help you:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Connector-Architecture-Enterprise-Application-Integration/dp/0201775808/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/103-6239121-2660669?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1190663514&sr=8-2
>

> This book is on the 1.0 spec. For my RA, the main differences between
> 1.0 and 1.5 were in the deployment descriptor. For that information I
> downloaded the 1.5 spec:
>
> http://java.sun.com/j2ee/connector/download.html
Thanks, I'll look into it. We've developed RAs in the past, but always
against the 1.0 spec. The lifecycle and inbound traffic parts of 1.5 are
a most welcome improvement.

Thanks
Joerg Henne

--
levigo software gmbh  ----------  ein unternehmen der levigo gruppe
Max-Eyth-Strasse 30                        Telefon: 07031 / 4161-30