users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JBoss SAR replacement

From: Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart <pelegri_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:35:26 -0700

Hi Joerg!

Happy to hear that the existing portable mechanisms work for you.

As an addendum to keep in mind for the future, there is also the GFv3
Service and Component mechanism. It will be a while before there is a
GFv3-based release equivalent in functionality to SJS AS 9.1, but it may
be useful for you to know the direction we are moving.

See [1] for schedules and [2] for info on the GFv3 module

[1]http://blogs.sun.com/pelegri/entry/future_glassfish_releases
[2]http://hk2.dev.java.net

        - eduard/o