users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JBoss SAR replacement

From: Jörg Henne <j.henne_at_levigo.de>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 13:51:14 +0200

Binod schrieb:
> JSR 112 specifies lifecycle of resource adapters.
> http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/api/javax/resource/spi/ResourceAdapter.html
>
> Please look at the start() method of the RA. They do get invoked
> during AS startup.
> http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/bnckb.html
Ah, brilliant! Just what we're looking for AND with a portable API!
> If you want to wrap a specific protocol into a portable application,
> then resource adapters
> is the way to go. Note that you can also feed the incoming (non-jms)
> traffic to an MDB.
Sounds highly interesting as well. I'll definitely look into this.
>> Application or EJB requesting the service by looking up a RA
>> connection from JNDI and therefor no way to launch the service.
> That is correct from a connector 1.0 perspective. Connector 1.5 has
> improved on that
> quite a bit.
Well, it seems like I completely missed out on this great news. Thanks a
lot for bringing me up to speed!

Joerg Henne

--
levigo software gmbh  ----------  ein unternehmen der levigo gruppe
Max-Eyth-Strasse 30                        Telefon: 07031 / 4161-30