users@glassfish.java.net

How to share JSPs and other resources between web apps ?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 02:04:19 PDT

Let's say I have a few web applications, each one uses a login form. The login form JSPs are all the same. Instead of duplicating the contents and having source files for that login form in each web app project, can I pack the login form (and linked images, stylesheets etc.) into a jar file and somehow use its contents in the web apps ?

For example if i was to create a WebCommons.jar file containing the jsp file, is there a way to have the WebCommons.jar contents referenced from inside of an application's web.xml file ?

Something like:
<form-login-page>/WEB-INF/lib/WebCommons.jar/auth/login.jsp</form-login-page>

Is there a way to achieve this ?
[Message sent by forum member 'kolmis' (kolmis)]