users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to share JSPs and other resources between web apps ?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 06:59:22 PDT

Good question!

I am not sure if doing exactly what you want is supported.

One way to look at this is if you really need to have these web-apps as distinct web-apps. IOW, can
you consider packaging them in single enterprise-application and then provide a single login form
for all of them? Alternatively, you can use single-sign-on and provide the link to common tasks
from all the applications. (e.g. you are doing a Yahoo!-like portal).

If these web-apps are indeed separate applications with separate users and security roles and just
want to use "services" provided by web-components, I am not sure if deployment descriptor
configuration changes help ...

- Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]