users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to share JSPs and other resources between web apps ?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 07:30:45 PDT

Actually I have SSO enabled in glassfish for all the web apps.

The login form jsp sharing was just an example of what I would like to achieve, I'm interested in having html related parts of my application sticked together and available for reuse instead of doing Copy/Paste, e.g. I'm using Struts with Tiles and i want to share layouts (which are jsps) between applications.

I believe I'm able to achieve this with Netbeans like this: create a dependancy on a specific directory of the shared web app applications (the build dir). But that is inconvenient, as this type of dependency doesn't compile the project depended upon.

Basically I'm not fond of creating a dependancy on a folder and would like to create a jar dependency somehow.

Is there a way to do this without creating an ant task that would unjar the dependency jar file during the build process ?
[Message sent by forum member 'kolmis' (kolmis)]