users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Hosting domains without apache

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:17:53 -0400

Hi,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> My public applications run currently on an managed server of an ISP with GlassFish V1, Apache and MySQL.
> Probably i have charge ISP to set up an new individual server now.
> GlassFish V2 has fixed many virtual server problems, so should be possible to manage public domains without Apache now.
> Is it recommended to do this without Apache?

Yes it is :-) If you don't need any Apache features, then GlassFish is
the way to go. We never compared performance between Apache 2 and
GlassFish but I suspect GlassFish to perform very well (once you enable
its file cache mechanism).

> Some additional unclear points
> SSL: Possible with GlassFish-Standalone and Certificates? (no experience with SSL yet)

Yes it works.

> Statistic: Could i use same statistic tools for glassfish logs

Like the access log? Which tool are you using to look at your log right
now? I'm confident it will works.

> PHPAdmin: Need something simular to manage my databases

That one I can't answer, but have you tried the admin gui?

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois