users@glassfish.java.net

Re: _at_ManyToMany Using Composite Key

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:54:25 PDT

Gordon:

  First of all thank you for taking the time to read my post.

  Let me answer your first question. I have a database. There is NO data inside the database other than the SEQUENCE table. Each time I run a simple search on each of the tables--looking for existing data, the results throws an exception using the name queries. This is not the case when using the find method. This method returns a null should the query find no records.

  I am using the same PersistenceContext. I build all the entities "detached" and then I call the persist method from the Entity Manager. I did not call the flush method. I am expecting JPA to create the entities in the database.

Russ
[Message sent by forum member 'russ_ray' (russ_ray)]