users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Hang up: Too many open files

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:02:05 PDT

> Do you know if the 5 installed applications open file descriptor (socket, database connection, etc.)?

Every application has connection pool to mysql 5.0
The bigger one use dbcp with hardcoded creation of pool, the smaller once use mysql configured inside glassfish.

One application use htmlparser which does http connection to spider some other sites every minute.

This worked well over half an year.
Suddenly it starts that "Too many open files exception".
In most cases the monitoring of my database connections suddenly exploded 100%.
So ISP increase maximum connections to 100.

During the exception of today, which i logged in this thread, the mysql connections did not increase anymore, which was the reason i start asking in glassfish forum.

> If so, i could exclude that this error comes from one of my application or from glassfish.
> So i could tell the ISP, that they should check their mod_jk settings/version.

> Are you able to log on that machine? Doing a netstat -an | grep mod_jk_port (8009)?

Can login with putty.
But no permission for netstat.
I will ask my ISP admin for this (takes some time)
Would be good find the source of this exception somehow.
[Message sent by forum member 'hammoud' (hammoud)]