users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Hang up: Too many open files

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:02:30 -0400

Hi,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi Jeanfrancois,
>

>> your ISP might have too many applications running on the same machine
>
> No its an own managed server, i do not share this server with others.
> Currenly running 5 applications on it, maximum request per hour:
> 15000 (incoming)
> 1000 (outgoing - send by my apps)
>

>> I'm not aware of any leak with mod_jk.
>
> Are you sure, that this exception is triggered from mod_jk?

Not at all :-) Do you know if the 5 installed applications open file
descriptor (socket, database connection, etc.)?

> If so, i could exclude that this error comes from one of my application or from glassfish.
> So i could tell the ISP, that they should check their mod_jk settings/version.

Are you able to log on that machine? Doing a netstat -an | grep
mod_jk_port (8009)?

I don't suspect a problem with GlassFish as such exception is usualy
from grizzly, but grizzly is not used with mod_jk.

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois