users@glassfish.java.net

Testing for a 404 in a servlet/filter

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:51:02 PDT

My apologies if this question's in the wrong area.

Essentially what I'm trying to do, is test if a request that's received by a Filter is going to be a 404.

I tried achieving this using the following code:

[code]
HttpServletRequest req = (HttpServletRequest)request;

if (!new File(context.getRealPath(req.getRequestURI().substring(request.getContextPath().length()))).exists())
{
   // 404'd
}
[/code]

This works for [i]real[/i] files, but (obviously) doesn't pick up Servlet mappings. Is there either a generic function which takes a URI/URL and returns a (potential) error code, or some means I can use to determine the Servlet mappings, so I can test them myself?

Cheers,
 - Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tim_mead' (tim_mead)]