users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Very slow start-up of Java Web Start Application Client Container (JWS-

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 08:05:01 PDT

Hi Tim,

OK, here is the application.xml file as generated in the EAR :-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application version="5" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_5.xsd">
  <display-name>Suprima_Lite</display-name>
  <module>
    <ejb>Registration.jar</ejb>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>TokenVoucherReceipt.jar</ejb>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>Charges.jar</ejb>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>Vending.jar</ejb>
  </module>
  <module>
    <java>HSPServerMonitor.jar</java>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>HSPs.jar</ejb>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>TransactionServer.jar</ejb>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>BackgroundController.jar</ejb>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>Encryption.jar</ejb>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>SuprimaDataEntities.jar</ejb>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>SuprimaDataAccess.jar</ejb>
  </module>
  <module>
    <java>SuprimaLite.jar</java>
  </module>
  <module>
    <web>
      <web-uri>BackgroundWeb.war</web-uri>
      <context-root>/BackgroundWeb</context-root>
    </web>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>Reporting.jar</ejb>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>SuprimaLiteDataAccess.jar</ejb>
  </module>
  <module>
    <web>
      <web-uri>eVend.war</web-uri>
      <context-root>/eVend</context-root>
    </web>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>SuprimaLiteAppInit.jar</ejb>
  </module>
</application>

I checked internet access for the schemas/DTD's, etc. but there is no internet access involved (timings are the same with or without a network connection - also my network monitor does not show any accesses to sun.com).

Maybe I should just explain how this application is made up (using Netbeans 5.5.1). There are a number of EJB modules that comprise the core of the application - at the bottom is the EJB module called SuprimaDataEntities which contain all the data entities modelling the database. The next level up is the SuprimaDataAccess EJB module which contains beans that provide access to the data entities according to the business rules. Above this are the various controlling EJB modules that provide the high-level control of the application's operations. Finally, the app client is used to provide the user of the system with access to its functions. The app client is specified as having a series a jar files as libraries which are packaged with the app client (stuff like JDOM, JodaTime, swinglabs, etc.) while the EJB modules of the rest of the system are merely referenced (so the project will compile), but they are only packaged in the EAR.

I can send you the EAR file by private e-mail if you would like to see it.

Steve.
[Message sent by forum member 'suttridge_farm' (suttridge_farm)]