users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Very slow start-up of Java Web Start Application Client Container (JWS-

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 06:37:49 PDT

In this post (http://forums.java.net/jive/message.jspa?messageID=231583#231583) you posted the output from an apclient launch (as opposed to JWS).

It looks as if you might have been trying to launch the app client JAR that you built, as opposed to the generated app client JAR that GlassFish creates as a result of deploying the EAR. I think this because the other post's output includes a note about creating a stand-along (which of course should be stand-alone) app client info object, whereas this one creates a nested app client info object.

Also, the other post does not do any expansion of nested JARs while this post expands several.

I'm very curious about the long list of submodules expanded here. Can you send me or post here the application.xml for the EAR?

The intent is for the ACC to expand only submodules (such as EJB JARs nested inside the EAR) and not expand every single JAR that appears in the generated app client JAR. (It would be nice if we could avoid that second-level expansion altogether but our hands are tied, as least in GlassFish V2.) I assume that the JARs listed in the log output as being expanded are not all actually submodules but are library JARs?

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]