users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Random NoClassDefFoundErrors during JWS client application execution

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 08:33:36 PDT

Hi, Steve.

This sounds truly odd.

Could you post the stack traces for two or three of the NoClassDefFoundError displays?

For Java Web Start launches, the event dispatcher thread is already started by the time the ACC gains control. So we need to do some clever things to set the EDT's context class loader to the one we want it to use. I have no idea if this is actually the problem, but perhaps as the app runs additional threads are created that do not have the class loader set as we need.

Just out of curiosity, does your client do anything explicitly to create additional threads?

And I'll go ahead and ask my usual question, does this happen when the client is launched using the appclient script? One thing in particular that's different between the two launch methods is that the class loader handling is more straightforward in the appclient launch vs. the Java Web Start launch.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]