users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Very slow start-up of Java Web Start Application Client Container (JWS-

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 08:14:03 PDT

Hi, Steve.

I have added several simple printlns to MainWithModuleSupport to identify what method has just been invoked and the number of milliseconds since the previous logged message. Not pretty, but effective. (See the attached sample.)

I've also attached the revised appserv-rt.jar. Please make a safe copy of yours and then put the attached one in its place in your ${install-dir}/lib directory.

We may need to iterate and add more output to pin down precisely where the time is being spent. This output will describe the time taken by methods invoked from MWMS's main method.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]