users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Very slow start-up of Java Web Start Application Client Container (JWS-

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 06:36:21 PDT

Hi Tim,

Welcome back to work ...! Some answers :

1. I have not yet tried the appclient script, but will do so, and let you know.

2. At the moment, for development and testing, both the app server and the app client run on the same machine, on Java 1.6. I have tried running the app client from a different machine (also on Java 1.6) with much the same results. I have located where the app client container unzips the app client jar file, and there are very few files in this temporary directory (22 objects only, two of which are sub-directories). As you said, I see that the ACC creates a temporary directory here with a random name of "acc-169dc364-6761334a22790" in the case of the last run I did, and inside this sub-directory is the exploded application as expected.

3a. Any time - a patched JAR file with logging information in it would be great to try out to see what is happening.

3b. I will have to install the Netbeans profiler (haven't actually got it at the moment).

Thanks,

Steve.
[Message sent by forum member 'suttridge_farm' (suttridge_farm)]