users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Does ToplinkEssentials support stored procedures?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 07:53:55 PDT

Hi; JDBC supports calling arbitrary stored procedures, obviously, so for simple stored procedure calls that's all you need. I suspect you mean something more complicated, though. Toplink does not support, as far as I'm aware, doing any kind of funky mapping on the results returned by a stored procedure, so if you were looking to return some @Entities from a stored procedure invocation you are out of luck. Use a named query instead.

[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson' (ljnelson)]